Thursday 15 March 2012

Taylor is focused on football



Paul Taylor is looking to put contract talks to one side and focus on scoring the goals that help Peterborough up the Championship table.
The Posh's nine-goal leading marksman is already under contract until 2013 and is no rush to talk terms.
Darren Ferguson claims the agreeing of a new deal is a top priority for him, but Taylor is looking to make the most of his first season as a Football League player and avoid all possible distractions.
"At the minute I'm not thinking about contracts or anything like that - I just want to concentrate on my football and that is my focus," the 24-year-old told the Peterborough Evening Telegraph.
"My target for this season was to get into double figures for goals and I am only one away from that now, so I'm pretty happy.
"I have been pleased with how the season has gone so far and it would be great to end it by finishing as high as we can in the table."

Competition

Taylor was snapped up by Peterborough last summer following a spell playing in Belgium and he is confident that a budding partnership with fellow frontman Tyrone Barnett will prove prolific for the Posh.
He added: "I believe myself and Tyrone can form a good partnership together.
"He is strong, good in the air and I think we did well together on Saturday (against Blackpool).
"It was enjoyable to play alongside him but there are a lot of really good strikers at the club so the competition is tough."