Thursday 15 March 2012

Pavel - No extension talks



Pavel Pogrebnyak says he would like to stay in London beyond the summer but has denied having already held talks with Fulham about an extension of his contract at Craven Cottage.
Pogrebnyak joined Fulham from Stuttgart in the January transfer window on a short-term deal until the end of the season, and has made a scintillating start to his Premier League career.
There have been suggestions that the Cottagers have already sat down with the Russia international to discuss a long-term agreement, but he insists that is not the case.
And speculation over where Pogrebnyak could be plying his trade next season has intensified after Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish admitted he had previously considered signing the 28-year-old.

Double deckers

Pogrebnyak admits he would be keen to remain in English football but has made it clear that he would prefer not to leave the capital city.
"My contract expires this summer," he told Gazeta.ru. "So far no one talked to me about an extension though I saw different things in the media which are not true.
"But I would like to stay in England very much, I like being here. It was my desire to play in the Premier League and my dream came true.
"I like England, I like London. The double deckers and the buildings made by red bricks are nice. You know London can't be compared to any other city."