Thursday 15 March 2012

Stanley lengthen Devitt loan



Accrington have extended Jamie Devitt's loan spell from Hull until the end of the season.
The 21-year-old Irish midfielder has featured six times since joining Stanley last month and scored his first goal for the club when he opened the scoring in the 2-2 draw with Southend last weekend.
"It's an easy decision," said Devitt in a club statement. "I've enjoyed my time here so far, I'm getting all my confidence back and I'm enjoying playing games. The management have given me good freedom and it's really enjoyable."
Manager Paul Cook completed the loan signing of winger Bobby Grant from Scunthorpe earlier on Thursday and he added: "Jamie's a great lad. He's settled really well into the club and is a very popular member of the dressing room.
"He's also got great ability and talent, but we'd like him to work harder on getting into the final third to cause teams more problems.
"If we get Jamie and the likes of Bobby Grant and Micah Evans into that final third then they will hurt other teams."